Tuesday, April 17, 2007

medicated

After much debate and procrastinating I have taken the plunge and decided to get medicated for anxiety. Now I���ve been putting it off because for the last year I was dealing with cancer troubles and really who wouldn���t be anxious? So it turns out my doc is a ���firm believer��� in medicating for this sort of thing. I nearly melted into a puddle of relief when I heard that. I was seriously dreading asking her for meds. After she disapproved of me not getting radiation I���ve been a little wary.

Anyway today I picked up my Cipralex and popped one back. About four hours later I started yawning crazily and feeling a little funny. Huh. I thought to myself ���why am I having flashbacks of high school?���. Then I picked up my compact and took a look. My pupils were HUGE. This is when I realized that I felt exactly as you do right when your magic mushrooms start kicking in. Usually it would be when you get all excited and realize that it���s going to work and you���re in for a fun night ��� when you���re in high school (and maybe University a few times). But not, I repeat NOT when you are sitting at your desk in your office and trying to get some shit done for a client.

Luckily it wore off after an hour without escalating (although Jeremy says my pupils are still bigger than normal). Suffice to say it was an interesting day and I told my co-workers to be on the lookout for the rest of the two week adjustment period for any crazy behaviour. I���ll just cross my fingers and hope for normalcy (and maybe be a little secretly excited to have a crazy trip). Hey if you can���t be honest with yourself...

No comments: